This is a meme hosted at the Broke and the Bookish.
This week is all about character names, and those that are unique or that I love. Without further ado, here we go!
1. Barbie — Under the Dome by Stephen King — I feel like this book crops up in a ton of lists, but it's just so great. Also, this name is fantastic. It just suits his (yes, it's a he. He's an ex-military person who has a whole lot of mysteries in his past) character so well, and the way all the junior deputies that eventually get hired can drawl his name out like they do makes it so creepy and wonderful.
2. Lemon — Fingerprints of You by Kristen-Paige Madonia — I just finished this book recently (and really enjoyed it), and the main character's name is Lemon. She is named after the kind of paint her mom liked to use that month, and that particular month was Lemon, which I just adore.
3. Cinna — The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins — Really, I love all the names in this book. They are just strange enough to fit in a dystopian society, but not so strange that I can't pronounce them or figure out who is who. But Cinna is my favorite. It is so perfect for who he is and what he does. (I also really love the names Gale and Prim).
4. Hadley — Life's a Witch by Brittany Geragotelis — I really can't explain this one, just really like this name, and a lot of the people in the book call her "Had" for short.
5. Hermione — Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling — I'll always have a soft spot for Hermione.
I never really make it to ten, so I'll stop at a nice 5. What are your favorites?